Sunday, September 29, 2013

Apple iOS 7 Literally Making Some Users Sick

Apple iOS 7 Literally Making Some Users Sick







 Breaking News 

The new iPhone 5S with the iOS7 is displayed during an Apple product announcement at the Apple campus on September 10, 2013 in Cupertino, Calif.


Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Apple's iOS 7 brought several new and much needed features to the company's iPhone and iPad. But something that didn't get a lot of attention was its transition animations between the homescreen and the individual apps.
It turns out the animations might be a bigger issue than intended, since some Apple fans are claiming it literally makes them sick.
Michelle Barna, 31, is hesitant to update to the newest version of iOS because of those animations. "I played around with iOS 7 on my girlfriend's phone and I felt nauseous," she told ABC News. "I'm a huge Apple fan and I haven't made the update yet because of it."
It's not just Barna who feels a little queasy. A message thread on Apple's forums has become a venting ground for queasy and frustrated users. One user says "It hurts my eyes and makes me dizzy. So annoying that we can't downgrade!!!!" Another writes, "I had severe vertigo the minute I started using my ipad with ios 7. Lost the rest of the day to it... And not happy at all. It's the transition between the apps flying in and out." The thread was first spotted by The Verge.
People have also flocked to Twitter saying that the new iOS makes them motion sick.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/apple-ios-literally-making-users-sick/story?id=20385379

No comments:

Post a Comment